Santa Clara´s Convent

The construction of this temple and convent was finished in 1705, even though the founding nuns had arrived to the city in 1699, coming from Mexico. The Museum of Colonial Art preserves part of a high relief that commemorates these nuns. The earthquakes of 1717 destroyed this building so a few years later the architect Diego de Porres began a new construction in 1723 and finished it in 1734; there were no remains of the original convent.

Santa Clara Convent

This convent was founded by six nuns who came from Mexico in 1699, now it is one of the main monuments of the city.

Santa Clara´s Convent

2da Avenida Sur entre 6ta y 7ma Calle Oriente, Antigua Guatemala